Science & Articles >>
The best time to whiten your teeth is before bed!
It is best to whiten before bed because this eliminates the opportunity for faster staining and allows your teeth to naturally rehydrate and remineralize while you sleep.
The best whitening procedure as recommended by our on-staff dental hygienists:
- Brush your teeth without toothpaste: The fluoride in toothpaste will slow the whitening process.
- Whiten: Whiten your teeth for 45 minutes to 3 hours (depending on sensitivity and dentist recommendation).
- Brush teeth normally: Brush your teeth with toothpaste as normal.
- Use the desensitizing gel: Use your freshly cleaned and dried whitening tray to apply desensitizing gel for 15-20 minutes. Remove the trays and discard excess desensitizing gel. Do not rinse! This will leave a thin layer of desensitizing gel on the teeth.
- Sleep! Do not eat or drink before bed. Sleep and let your teeth rehydrate and remineralize.